COMMUNITY CRISIS CENTER, INC.Job Description Business Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Business Manager is responsible for the internal financial operations of the Community Crisis Center.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Executive Exemption
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for fiscal management, including preparation of budgets and budget requests for grant applications and short and long term fiscal planning.
- Coordinate all phases of agency's financial accounting, including accounting procedures and management of grants, bank accounts, and expenditures.
- Responsible for internal and external financial and business reports, including working with auditor in preparation of yearly audit.
- Coordinate operations and business administration systems, including insurance coverage, contractual agreements, lease agreements, office operations and systems, equipment and supplies.
- Maintain board files pertaining to board members, orientation, etc.
- Participate in the writing of proposals, requests for support, fund applications, and fundraising activities.
- Attend Board meetings every month.
- Attend and participate in the Executive Board, Finance Committee, and Fundraising Committee of the Board.
- Participate in other Board committee meetings as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of services.
- Participate in short and long-range agency planning.
- Participate in the overall administration of the agency through involvement in the agency’s management team.
- Remain aware of current developments in areas related to financial management, legal issues pertaining to the agency, and human resource management.
- Attend staff meetings as designated unless the Executive Director waives this requirement.
- Attend internal agency meetings unless the Executive Director waives this requirement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervised by the Executive Director.
- Work with Executive Director in administration of the agency.
- Work with the Treasurer of the Board of Directors in administration of the agency.
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant, Bookkeeper/Grant Monitor, and Accounting Clerk.
- Work with all agency employees, volunteers, and student interns.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education -- Bachelor's degree with a major in a business area including general accounting courses.
- Experience -- must have experience in non-profit business management, grant management, accounting.
- Technical Skills -- requires good written, verbal and communication skills; good administrative/management skills; good computer skills; knowledge of operations of office equipment; ability to perform both manual and computerized accounting functions; organizational skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Social skills -- must function well independently with a minimum of supervision, demonstrate flexibility and a teamwork capacity; have established leadership skills; be able to respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Physical Requirements -- must have visual and auditory acuity.
- Transportation Requirement – must be willing and able to travel throughout the community. If using a privately owned vehicle, must have a valid drivers license and proof of current automobile liability insurance.
- Attendance -- must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
STAFF MEETING REQUIREMENT:
- Administrative meeting
- General meeting
- In-services as applicable
Group Counselors needed for weekly two hour Partner Abuse Intervention Groups. 40 hours Domestic Violence training is required (but we will provide this training if necessary). 20 hour PAIP training a plus. Minimum BA required in a related human services field, Masters Degree is preferred. Fax resume to Anna Whitmer at (847) 888-9666 or e-mail resume to email@example.com
Current Group Counselor Position Openings:
Male Counselor for Monday 9am-11am Elgin location
Part-time Case Manager wanted Saturday and Sunday on the Midnight to 8am shift. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in a related human services area. Send cover letter and resume to Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Domestic Violence Economic Empowerment Case Manager wanted, 15 hours per week (some daytime, some evening, some weekend). Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required in a related human services area. Send cover letter and resume to Kim at email@example.com